Sunday, April 18, 2010




As the trees wake up and the flowers wake up, I yawn, and hear a rumbling inside me that must mean I’m waking up too.
And it’s been a long winter. It’s been long. I found my way through the snow. The inches, the feet of it.
But it’s past me now and I like unfolding like the maple leaf, the oak leaf, the tulip leaf.
I want to have a conversation with myself. I want to see who this girl is now. I just don’t know where to start.
I listen to the spring peepers signing in their cool waters and I can only here them thrumming and I can only hear their elation's and tidings.
And that’s enough for now. So, I will wait on the lighting bug. Their arrival is days away, but I know it is coming.
I’ll stand is dewy grass, one warm July evening and I’ll whisper my secrets. I’ll ask them my questions and they’ll light up night sky. They will burn green until they land at God’s feet and he’ll know what to whisper back.

No comments: